Monday 10 March 2008

Introduction to my studio

My studio is in a large arts building with 86 studios and approximately 130 artists. Among the painters, textile artists, photographers, ceramicists, cabinet makers, interior designers, picture conservators, are glass artists. There is a large collaborative studio of which I am the remaining founding member, that has 16 members including me. Much of the big equipment is there and I maintain my membership to make use of it, but I have my own studio also.

This setting makes for a lively working life and great support from other glass artists, allowing larger projects to be taken on. It also is a source of advice on many topics and techniques, as well as support in areas where my skills are lacking, such as cabinetry, painting, etc.

I will attempt to show some pictures of the studio in the next post.

No comments: