Friday 6 June 2014

Artist Exchange

Recently, received a call from a well-known artist in Scotland to repair her stair landing window after an accident.  A fall had broken the bottom half of the window.  Fortunately, the person is not badly injured.  

The repair required replacement Victorian etched glass as well as three etched border panels.  The border, although traditional, required a lot of fine work with bitumen as well as the usual vinyl resist against the hydrofluoric acid.





The finished window was a success with the new glass fitting in well with the existing glass.



What was even better for me was her agreement that we could exchange my work for a painting of hers.  This is the painting that I chose.  It hangs in the bedroom, giving me pleasure morning and evening, which fits into the mood of the painting, I think.



No comments: